Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sunway Pyramid's Shogun

As all my close friends and relatives know, I'm a huge fan of japanese food =) I went to SP's Shogun for lunch today. I didnt expect much because of the comments I saw on the net about shogun a few days ago, but somehow still wanted to try it out. The comments said that they do not offer fresh oysters, foods arent really fresh on weekdays and it isnt value for money. All the comments they gave, are totally rubbish, crap, whatever you want to call it. Shogun was great. The variety of raw fish and other food were awesome, though I must say, sushi-wise, they didnt have as much variety as other jap restaurants such as Sakae Sushi, Genki Sushi or Sushi King, but the food was good (afterall they are partners with Saisaki Japanese Buffet, all the best jap chefs are from there). I didnt know which fella came up with the rumour saying they (shogun ppl) limit each person to one oyster. I find that statement pretty stupid as Shogun offers a Japanese buffet lunch, and everyone knows buffet means all you can eat. I had lots of raw salmon, oysters and escargot. Had some soup and lobster too lol. The stuff I ate had easily covered the amount I paid for the buffet. It is DEFINITELY value for money. I reccomend Shogun to all you jap food lovers out there, but please make reservations beforehand as they run out of tables fast because its cheap =) After Shogun, I went over to J. co to get some donuts then walked around some more. I stumbled upon this new pub/bar called Coco Banana... must go someday xD then later on, a few friends invited me to Finnegan's... they said something bout a strip party tonight lol. I turned them down anyways coz i'm "innocent" lol. Thats about it for today =)The lobsters ( pretty appetizing rite?)

Miso soup, the oyster, Crab salad and something else


the yummy escargots

Shogun

The ice cream



me :P


No comments: